The market value of AODD pumps
The diaphragm pump industry for the AODD sector estimates a growth in market value from 2.5 billion to 3.2 billion dollars in the period 2018-2021. Production growth will remain confined within the two main production areas North America (23.8%) and Europe (22.6%) but the application destination of the applications will be almost global.
The growth drivers of the AODD pump industry
The forecast growth estimates of the application sectors for the period 2018-2028 confirm the leadership of the Chemical, Energy and Water Treatment sectors. Let’s highlight together which are the growth drivers of AODD pumps for each sector.
- Water Treatment Sector: the development of projects aimed at increasing the use of drinking water in developing countries and the development of desalination projects in developed countries has led to an increase in the demand for double diaphragm pumps.
- Chemical Sector: the outbreak of the COVID 19 pandemic has increased the demand for hygiene and sanitation chemicals characterized by a production process that requires the constant presence of AODD pumps.
- Energy Sector: The post-pandemic economic recovery is affecting many energy-intensive sectors of oil and natural gas. In both sectors, diaphragm pumps are in almost constant use.
- Food and beverage sector: the constant growth of the food sector has helped to sustain the demand for double diaphragm pumps in a stable manner throughout the pandemic period.
Why do double diaphragm pumps find perfect application in these sectors?
The sector of double diaphragm pumps mainly consists of pumping systems used in various industrial sectors for the transport of fluids with characteristics of viscosity or with the presence of solid elements. The production range consists of a multiplicity of models characterized by different materials and various pressure and flow characteristics. Below we list the strengths of AODD pumps that allow versatile and effective use in all sectors characterized by a growth trend.
- Versatility in fluid transfer: AODD pumps can easily and efficiently handle viscous fluids, hazardous substances, or solids laden fluids without causing damage to the pump or product.
- Chemical compatibility: thanks to the wide range of chemically resistant materials such as polypropylene, PVDF or stainless steel, it is possible to manage various types of fluids in various application contexts in a durable and effective way.
- Dry running: AODD pumps guarantee dry running for long periods of time without causing damage to the pump or its components.
- Portability: double diaphragm pumps are easy to install and can be moved from one place to another quickly and easily.
- Certifications: AODD pumps are equipped with a wide range of certifications and standards to meet the needs of many sectors: eg 1935-2004 / EHEDG for the food sector or ATEX for sectors characterized by potentially explosive atmospheres.
With this post we wanted to highlight the development opportunities of the AODD pump sector within the market contexts characterized by more sustained growth. For more information, please contact our sales team who will be able to provide timely and accurate advice on the different configurations suitable to meet the pumping needs of each specific application sector.