Double Diaphragm Pumps, a flexible and versatile solution
AODD double diaphragm pneumatic pumps are an extremely versatile industrial solution offering a high degree of flexibility for all installation, use and maintenance operations. These characteristics allow AODD pumps to efficiently handle a large variety of liquids: from highly corrosive substances to highly viscous liquids, or even liquids containing solids.
Double Diaphragm Pumps in the fight against Covid-19
Due to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies have had to address an increase in demand from several strategic sectors that are directly involved in the fight against the spread of the virus. As a result, AODD Pump manufacturers, including Debem, have been actively involved in providing solutions that ensure maximum performance for various fields of application such as:
- Chemical processing to produce household detergents, bleach solutions and other disinfectants for hospital use.
- The cosmetic and pharmaceutical sector, to produce liquid soaps, cleansing lotions and hand sanitisers.
- Disinfecting and sanitising equipment with technology such as rapid spraying or cleaning, disinfectant spraying or high-pressure washing.
- Packaging materials including corrugated cardboard, wood pulp and paper for manufacturing cardboard, paper adhesives, toilet paper, handkerchiefs and sanitising wipes.
Success factors of AODD Pumps in the fight against Covid-19
With this article, we would like to point out the reasons behind the widespread use of AOOD Pumps and the benefits they bring to each sector that plays a key role in the fight against COVID-19.
- Versatility factor: throughout the emergency period and in order to fight the outbreak of COVID-19, many companies have had to convert part of their production lines to be able to expand the existing offer of detergents, soaps and sanitising products. AODD pumps played a strategic role in these conversion processes thanks to their versatility, cost-effectiveness, size configuration and ease of installation. In this case, AODD pumps were extensively used for handling the liquids used to produce disinfectants and detergents.
- Coverage factor: offering excellent pumping performance, AODD pumps can be used throughout the production process of chemicals and detergents: from their main use, namely transferring chemicals, to loading and unloading tankers, as well as for bottling operations and for managing production waste.
- Resistance factor: AODD pumps are the ideal solution for handling concentrated or aggressive chemical fluids such as bleach, soaps containing caustic soda and disinfectants. In this case, plastic AODD pumps have adequate chemical resistance, which is superior to that of other technologies. AODD pumps can also handle a wide range of temperatures such as those found in industrial laundries. In this case, they are used to dose chemicals and detergents for sanitising large laundry facilities in nursing homes and hospitals.
- Performance factor: thanks to their operating performance, AODD pumps are an excellent solution to be used during the production process of highly viscous liquids. The gentle pumping action (through the use of air control valves such as needle valves) could prevent the formation of foam and, as a result, product deterioration. When producing large batches of liquid soap, a pump capable of running dry for extended periods of time is also required. In this case, diaphragm pumps prove to be highly functional, ensuring stability and continuity of operation. Moreover, the self-priming capacity of AODD Pumps makes them even more versatile when pumping containers or drums containing viscous liquids.
- Certification factor: AODD Pumps often have the necessary certifications to be used in specific production processes. Example: 3A for use in pharmaceutical environments, 1935 and FDA, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, for the production of hand sanitiser or the ATEX Certification for pumping ethyl alcohol or other flammable substances.
DEBEM is a company offering a wide range of efficient AODD Pumps ensuring safety at each stage of production when it comes to products used to fight Covid-19. To find out more about which AODD pumps are best suited to your needs, please contact our sales staff who will advise you on which solution is most appropriate for you.